Satisfy Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Satisfy Me

~ Just a forum about health and wellness ~

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yoga and Pilates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Linh

Linh

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Yoga and Pilates Empty
PostSubject: Yoga and Pilates   Yoga and Pilates Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 7:17 am

Is anyone familiar with that?
I'd like to do those. I think it would probably be a good stress free exercise thing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Yoga and Pilates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga and Pilates   Yoga and Pilates Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 5:33 pm

I dunno but my little brother does yoga so yeah. I asked him and he's like it requires alot of stretching and control of your breathing. Plus, concentration and relaxation. I'm not bendy enough for it and i always pull my muscles so yeah sorry im not helpful. =/
Back to top Go down
https://satisfyme.forumotion.com
Linh

Linh

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Yoga and Pilates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga and Pilates   Yoga and Pilates Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 8:25 pm

You don't have to be sorry silly!
The gym I workout at has some pilates classes.. I'll try it sometimes.
Theres this meetup thing that does yoga too.. I'll try that sometime too when I can. I'll update my experience on here if I do.
Back to top Go down
Okomo

Okomo

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Yoga and Pilates Empty
PostSubject: Yoga   Yoga and Pilates Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 11:33 pm

Guidelines for yoga and Pilates practice:
• Yoga postures, especially inversions and those that compress the abdomen, should not be done on a full stomach. Listen to your body—if you practice too soon after eating or drinking, certain poses will feel uncomfortable.

• It’s best to practice yoga asanas barefoot, using a yoga mat or nonslip surface for standing poses. A mat, rug, or folded yoga blanket will provide firm padding for other asanas.

• Wear comfortable clothing, something that allows you to move freely.

• Ideally, the room should be well ventilated. Have enough space to extend your arms and legs in all directions without hitting anything.

• While practicing, concentrate on the feeling that the asana is producing in your body.

• If you feel too weak or shaky in a pose, come out of it. Gradually, you will build up your strength and be able to hold the pose longer.

• Don't go beyond your personal limitations, but extend your boundaries gently. Doing the asanas correctly means doing them to the best of your ability without straining.

• Throughout the workout, focus on your breath, inhaling and exhaling fully and completely through your nose. Breathing with awareness not only feels good, but also balances and regulates energy flow within the body, strengthening your internal organs and boosting your resistance to disease.

Go to this website to get more information about Yoga.
http://www.wailana.com/yoga/pilates/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yoga and Pilates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga and Pilates   Yoga and Pilates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yoga and Pilates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Satisfy Me :: Health :: Exercise-
Jump to: